Saturday, September 4, 2010

Fight the Good Fight - Never Surrender!

A young man in the Lord stopped by my home the other day. Like many of us, he had a struggle surrendering himself to the Lord. I truly mean it when I say, it was great to see him alive in Jesus Christ. How I felt reminded me of what the Apostle John said in 2 John 2.1-4 “It has given me great joy to find some (means not all) of your children walking in the truth, just as the Father commanded us.”

To him I would say - I know it pleases the Lord, when we take his hand, get up on our own two feet and truly begin to walk with him and in him. He carries us for a while in his arms - sometimes in an ambulance; sometimes in a wheelchair. You know when you have something that’s valuable (your faith in Jesus Christ) when you have to fight for it! Be encouraged – “Fight the good fight of faith!” NIV 2 Tim 4.7

I will leave you with this final verse of scripture and final thought - NIV Jude 22 “Be merciful to those who doubt; snatch others from the fire and save them; to others show mercy, mixed with fear—hating even the clothing stained by corrupted flesh.” It is true that God wants all men to repent and be saved. It is true that he has commanded us all to be his witnesses and to teach them to obey everything he commanded. I believe this verse demonstrates that our approach to them with the salvation message should not be a “one size fits all” approach. To be effective, we need discernment from the Holy Spirit in order to know how to reach out to them. This will take some practice! Make yourself available - ask the Lord for the gift of discernment - and let the LORD use you. Blessings -

No comments:

Post a Comment