Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Be More Like Little Children


My son Ian is a great example to me of childlike faith. It’s easy for him, he’s a child! Unencumbered by mosses and hubris, unpretentious and non-evasive.  The LORD continually uses my son to get my attention. He is a constant reminder that we all “... must become like little children to enter into the kingdom.” “Don’t hinder the little children to come to me.” He is generally very polite, and asks me all the time at Church meetings, if it’s OK to go up front to pray, pray for others or just worship the Lord. I generally agree, and get out of the LORD’s way. Many people are just blessed watching him in action.. in the LORD. Very precious.
Before Ian was born, both Paula and myself knew his name was to be John, and like John the Baptist, he was going to be a blessing to all . Lk 1:14 ‘He will be a delight to you and many will rejoice because of his birth.” We thought of calling him - John Paul Michael.. although, I liked the flow of the sounding, Paula and I both agreed that it sounded too much like the name of a Pope. We thought of the name Ian and was impressed that that was his name, Ian Michael - it was pleasant sounding. At first we were a little confused because, remember, his name was John. We were very excited and blessed to find out Ian was another name for John. Problem solved. Isn’t that like the LORD? “It is to the kings glory to conceal a matter.”
What most people don’t know, is that Ian, was almost not among us. Paula fell down a flight of stairs, and as a result, had some serious complications and was placed on bed-rest for a long period of time. Long story short, one day we were signing songs along with a Robin Mark CD in our living room, “Forever God is faithful, forever God is strong, forever God is with us, forever...” and the Spirit of the LORD came down with his presence, filled us up, and I laid hands on my wife’s tummy and prayed that the LORD would touch Ian and turn him around in the womb. I also sensed that he was filled with the Holy Spirit. Don’t forget John the Baptist was filled with the Holy Spirit even from birth. Lk 1:15. The LORD also turned Ian around, and we got another sonogram to confirm it. He is a miracle from the LORD. 
When your find yourself in a difficult situation and your having trouble finding your joy, think of Ian, and ask the LORD to be more like him. “If you need joy, you must ask for it.” If you don’t know Ian, I would be delighted to introduce you to him...  ask him to pray for you and he will.
Blessings -

No comments:

Post a Comment