Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Not What I Believe.. What Do You Believe?

Making disciples, baptizing them and teaching them to obey all the Lord has commanded is every Believer’s calling. What you choose to believe is what is most important. Your eternal destination is dependent on what you believe. Mat 28

Many people ask me… what do I believe? I tell them what I believe really isn’t important to you. It is what you believe that is important to you. If you really want to know what you believe, look at your life and how you are living it. Your decisions & choices reveal to you what you truly believe. As you look at your present state of existence, does it reflect what you were hoping for?

I think the first question the LORD may ask when we transition into eternity is not what church you attended, but “What did you do with the sacrifice I gave you – my only son Jesus? You will need the right answer or the right Advocate (Jesus) with you at that time. If you get the answer wrong, if there is a follow-up question, it might be… “Why did you believe that?” To answer “That is what the preacher, priest, guru or Rabbi taught me will not help your situation. If you haven’t already, you need to take the personal responsibility to make sure you get that answer right. Read the Bible for yourself & do what it says. God did not create a manual for your life and put it into a format that you can’t understand. Jesus said, “I have come into the world as a light, so that no one who believes in me should stay in darkness.” - NIV John 12:46 Without a personal relationship with Jesus… you are walking in the darkness. If you have been a blind person all your life, you have never known what life looks like until your blinded eyes have been open. Jesus extends to you a personal invitation to come to Him and walk in the light.

IF you come to know Jesus as your personal LORD and Savior understand this has only been made possible by His Father in Heaven:

When Jesus came to the region of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, “Who do people say the Son of Man is?” They replied, “Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, Jeremiah or one of the prophets.” “But what about you?” he asked. “Who do you say I am?” Simon Peter answered, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by man, but by my Father in heaven.” NIV - Matthew 16:13-17

No comments:

Post a Comment