Thursday, February 14, 2013

“But what about you?” Jesus asked, “Who do you say I am?” Mat 16:15


What I’ve written between the parentheses ( ) are my thoughts on the statements I make in reference to the scripture(s) I reference. 

Jesus first asked his disciples - “Who do people say I am?” Then he asked Peter, “But what about you, who do you say I am?”  Now let me ask a question: Which of the two questions do you think is the more important? 

(This is not a trick question; everything that Jesus said is important. Stated more accurately, which of the two questions, would you think, is more important to you? Which of the two questions carries more weight regarding the final outcome - the determination of your eternal destination?)

Most people like to keep Jesus at a distance and don’t want to deal with who he claimed to be. Truth is, it doesn’t matter what others say about who Jesus is. “Some say he is Elijah, John the Baptist, or Jeremiah, and others say he is prophet...”  Today, some will say, Jesus was a good man, a prophet, a guru, etc., but what do you say when he asks you...  “But what about you?   Who do you say I am?”   The question is unveiled, simple, and direct. The right answer - “You are the Christ. The Son of the living God.” If you have not already, decided for yourself, you are faced with having to make a decision on who you say Jesus is. What others say, or believe about Jesus, will not save or condemn you.

if you will (not can) accept Jesus as the Savior, the Son of the living God, you are blessed, because only the Father can make that known to you. Jesus said, “.... for this is not revealed to you by men, but by my Father in heaven.”    “But what about you?”

(If you feel left out, that wasn’t the intention of the message. This is not a sales gimmick called, “the take-away.” That is geared to get you to make a “buying” decision based on your fear of loss of opportunity. Jesus doesn’t have to trick you into accepting who he is.     Contrary to this, he would have you give due consideration to your personal commitment. Please don’t say, “.... well I guess God just hasn’t reveal his Son to me.” You may be right... this message is for the folks God is calling.)  “But what about you?”


All scripture is from the NIV

1 comment: