Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Jesus - Master of the Universe?

To those of you, brothers and sisters, family and friends out there I wanted to clarify who Jesus Christ is; primarily because of the confusion that is prevalent in our society that we all serve the same “God.” What spark this: I received a “Masters of the Universe” card with the typical portrayal of Jesus as wimpy, flowery (not sure if that is even a word) individual depicting Jesus. I believe the person meant well…I have to.. because this person has been very close to me and he is either gaming me, or worst yet, mocking me.. and my mind just won’t allow me to go there because of the consequences. For the record - Jesus never claimed to be a "Master" in the context of “one of the masters of the universe" He did claim to be God, for which the religious folks were going to stone him- it was the only law on the books where the punishment fit the crime. They were saying Jesus was guilty of blasphemy; making himself equal with God… The truth is they knew who he claimed to be, Jesus demonstrated who he was and knew who he was. God incarnate Creator & Savior. The only way you can come to the conclusion that Jesus is "One of the Masters" making "others" (pick one - Buddha, Mohammad, Krishna, L. Ron Hubbard, etc.) equal = to Him is through walking in your own light, understanding and counsel. There are many sincere, nice people that follow these folks. Here is what Jesus said in Isaiah 50:10-11

"Who among you fears the LORD and obeys the word of his servant?

Let him who walks in the dark who has no light trust in the name of the LORD and rely on his God. 

But now, all you who light fires and provide yourselves with flaming torches, go, walk in the light of your fires and of the torches you have set ablaze.

This is what you shall receive from my hand: You will lie down in torment.”  

The meaning is straight forward, but here is my understatement: I would rather walk in the dark with the LORD; than, walk in the light of my own making and my own understanding. There are many benefits to obeying the LORD and having a reverential respect for him because you love him and don't want to disappoint Him. In short he said, "If you love me, you will obey my commands.”

I John 1:7; 2:3

“But if we walk in the light, as he is the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin…. We know that we have come to know him if we obey his commands…”

John 12:35, 36, 46 

“…. you are going to have the light just a little while longer. Walk while you have the light, before darkness overtakes you. The man who walks in the dark does not know where he is going. Put your trust in the light while you have it, so that you may becomes son's of light… I have come into the world as a light, so that no one who believes in me should stay in darkness.”

Works Cited Abbrev.: NIV; Barnes Notes; Adam Clarkes Commentary; Mathew Henry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment